Author Morgan Tarpley Smith writes inspirational fiction that transports readers to faraway places and weaves past and present to explore questions of truth and faith.
She also co-authored a non-fiction book with award-winning author Melanie Dobson – A Split in Time: How to Write Dual Timeline, Split Time, and Time-Slip Fiction. She is the founder of A Split in Time Fiction Group on Facebook for lovers of novels where the past and present collide and its companion Goodreads group, Split Time Fiction that Travels. She actively promotes this unique style of novel through the groups, her newsletter, social media, and partnering with both authors and publishing houses.
Her travels to over a dozen countries, her faith in Christ, and love of history fuel the inspiration for her stories. She will release a contemporary novella with Barbour in the fall of 2023. She is represented by Tamela Hancock Murray with The Steve Laube Agency. She works as an award-winning newspaper reporter and lives in Louisiana with her husband and son. For more information, connect with her on social media or her Facebook group.
More about Morgan
My life’s mantra seems to fit well within the following quote from Albert Einstein: “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.”
My book characters follow a similar mindset.
Some fun things I’ve done are:
- eat termites in a Costa Rican jungle by an active volcano
- ride camels by the Great Pyramids in Cairo, Egypt
- swim in a bio bay in Puerto Rico (view one here!)
- backpack through the United Kingdom and Ireland
- attend a traditional German dance in Munich
- float in the Dead Sea in Jordan
- compete as an amateur boxer
- take fencing lessons
- land a lead role in a play and be an extra in a movie
- study Spanish abroad
- attend the New Year’s Eve Ball at the Hofburg Palace in Vienna, Austria
Need proof? Check out my Instagram feed for photos of the amazing places I’ve been.